Have you ever tried helping someone with a random act of kindness? A random act of kindness is anonymous. An act of kindness is something that you do for a friend, family or neighbor, but, a random act of kindness is unexpected and unacknowledged.
Random acts of kindness help us with our humanity without any glory.When we help another human being in need, it makes us feel good. It helps our heart when we know we've been able to make a difference, even in a small momentary or emotional way.
Here are a few suggestions for random acts of kindness:
- Return a library book with a dollar inside. Who knows if the librarian will find it or if it will be found by the next person reading the book. You never know who's day you might brighten.
- Smile, it is contagious.
- Donate pants or a jacket with a dollar hidden in a pocket.
- Pay for someone else's parking meter.
- Honestly compliment someone for a job well done.
- Compliment a waiter/ waitress or Busperson. They work hard with little thanks.
Many people have small home-based businesses on the side. Have you ever thought what a random act of kindness it would be to share that person's business information? Sometimes the best way to feel good about yourself is to do something that helps someone else feel good about themselves. There are many websites out there with other ideas to help you do daily random acts of kindness. Just think about what a wonderful world it would be if everyone did purposeful acts of kindness everyday. What kindnesses will you create and do, to show your gratitude for the gifts you have received?
Have a great month, Dr. Connie Hambrock!