November 26, 2012, (Reston, VA) – The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce will celebrate 30 years of serving as a cornerstone of business and community on Saturday, December 1, 2012 from 7:00pm – 11:00pm at the Sheraton Reston Hotel. The Chamber was founded in 1982 as the Reston Board of Commerce with an initial membership of 100 businesses. Today it has grown to include over 600 member companies and was recently recognized by the Washington Business Journal as the second largest chamber of commerce in Fairfax County and the sixth largest in the Washington D.C.-metropolitan area. The past three decades has seen tremendous business development in the Dulles Corridor, growing from over 500 firms representing over 10,000 jobs in 1981 to over 2,390 companies representing 58,936 jobs in 2012. The Chamber is proud to serve as the leader of this thriving business community by positively impacting the growth and prosperity of our vibrant and collaborative region.
Mark S. Ingrao, CCP, CAE, President & CEO of the Chamber states, “We are entering a new era of potential business development with the advent of metro service coming through Reston to Dulles Airport and into Loudoun County. As we move forward into the next 30 years and beyond, this Chamber will continue to provide the strategic vision and engaged leadership that have made us one of the largest and most impactful business organizations in the Washington D.C. – metropolitan area. Please join us on December 1, 2012 as we commemorate our past and look ahead to our bright future.”
December 1, 2012
7:00pm - 11:00pm
Sheraton Reston Hotel, 11810 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston VA
- Delegate Ken Plum, Virginia House of Delegates
- Supervisor Cathy Hudgins, Hunter Mill District, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Karen Cleveland, The Cleveland Group; 30th Annviersary Committee Co-Chair and Former Executive Director of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Mark S. Ingrao, CCP, CAE, Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
-Tracey White, HCA Capital Division; 30th Annviersary Committee Co-Chair and Former Executive Director of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Additional Former Board Chairs and Founding Members
- Live music by the South Lakes String Quartet and Diamond Alley;
- Delicious cuisine, open bar and ice luge;
- Silent Auction, including jewelry from Midtown Jewelers, a getaway to the Greenbrier Resort and a 3-night tropical excursion to El Conquistador in Puerto Rico;
- Complimentary photo booth; and
- Valet parking.
Reston Community Center / Fairfax County
Reston Hospital Center
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C.
Access National Bank
Metropolitan Healthcare Services
Cleveland Coaching Group
Executive Gift Planners
Fairfax Public Access
Fantasy World Entertainment
Mayflowers at Reston Town Center
Veatch Commercial Real Estate
Friends of Reston Interfaith
To register please visit http://www.restonchamber.org/events
$145 for Current Chamber Members; $175 for Future Chamber Members
ABOUT THE GREATER RESTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Now celebrating our 30th year, the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is the catalyst for business growth and entrepreneurship by providing quality programs, education, connections and advocacy for our members and organizations in the Dulles Corridor. Learn more at www.RestonChamber.org.
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PRESS