Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
This position will work with salaried, hourly and unionized employees in a variety of states and business settings. With 4000 employees across the country, the Payroll Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Processing all aspects of bi-weekly payroll for assigned pay groups.
- Ensuring accuracy and data integrity.
- Fielding calls from Managers and Hourly Associates regarding issues with pay and resolving the issue in a timely fashion.
- Processing Instant Checks to correct any discrepancies, if applicable.
- Load money card information into CMS portal.
- Reviewing and familiarizing oneself with Union Contracts as it applies to payroll to guide and assist management with adhering to payroll practices for units.
- Support Payroll Manager with troubleshooting time clocks.
- Knowledgeable of all types of garnishments and child support orders.
- Math: Payroll Specialists may have to calculate changes to pay rates based on time off, overtime, etc.
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience/education
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with UltiPro preferred
Must be able to work when payroll processing days fall within a company holiday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.