Expeditor - Big Buns
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
JOB TITLE: EXPEDITOR
SUPERVISOR: GM and MANAGERS
Assists in expediting and running food to the tables. Ensures that dishes are complete and being sent to the correct table, with their correct corresponding orders.
Job Responsibilities: These may change over the course of employment.
- Maintains a presentable appearance and good personal hygiene.
- Sets up station and performs “side work” according to specifications.
- Attends all scheduled Staff Meetings unless otherwise approved by manager.
- Follows company SOPs and standards when serving all food items and clearing tables.
- Expedites and Runs food.
- Ensures that dishes are complete and being sent to the correct tables, with their correct corresponding orders.
- Assist servers as needed.
- Works together with fellow employees and management to ensure that the guests have the best experience possible.
- Performs additional responsibilities, as requested by a server or manager.
- Prior experience in a restaurant.
- Food and beverage knowledge.
- Able to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Able to solve problems, and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong self-motivation and organizational skills.
- Able to stand and exert fast paced mobility for entire shift.
- Ability to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Effective and professional oral communication skills.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.