Prep Cook - Big Buns
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
Prep Cook prepares food items for use in the final cooking stage. This includes obtaining items from storage, thawing meats, opening food containers, cleaning and preparing food items, and delivering food items to the cooks. Prep Workers may specialize in a particular area, such as salad or bar prep, etc.
CLIENT AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION/RELATIONS
- Inspect quality of food items
- Stock prepared food items for cooks.
- Prepares food items according to proper preparation methods.
- Ensure sufficient quantities of food items are prepared and available for cooking.
- Utilize First In, First Out (FIFO) procedures.
- Eliminate waste wherever possible.
- Must be able to speak clearly and understand basic English to facilitate the communication process.
- Ability to learn menu items and service procedures.
- Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to learn and follow processes.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing and walking
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.