Server - Makers Union
MAKERS UNION · PUB FOR THE PEOPLE is hiring for FOH and BOH positions!
Compensation: We start at $2.13 an hour. Earn more with restaurant experience.
Reston's new Makers Union “Pub for the People” is looking for extraordinary people with heart, hustle, and the guts to join us on our mission:
To bring our local community (psst…we’re Restonians) together over delicious food + destination drinks while sharing the idea of a modern neighborhood pub that’s always welcoming to you and your any occasion.
Who’s behind Makers Union? Glad you asked!
We are a local restaurant group based in Reston, Va, called Thompson Hospitality. We own, operate, and lose constant sleep over several local restaurant brands, including matchbox, Big Buns Damn Good Burgers and The Rub Chicken + Beer. Our business was founded twenty-eight years ago on the belief that a successful hospitality business can be built by empowering our fellow team members to do whatever it takes to make our guests happy. We just happen to make GREAT food and drinks too!
Our recipe for success is pretty simple, it all comes down to people and process. We want to be the best place to work, and part of that is training you on our way of doing things so you can be a rock star at your job.
We are looking for Front-of-House team members to make our dining room, bar and communal coffee tables feel like a welcoming party. We are looking for Back-of-House team members to prepare crave-worthy food that never compromise.
Want to join us?
*We start at $2.13/hr
**Full-time and Part-time positions are available
To learn more about our company and to see our menu, please visit makersunionpub.com.
TO APPLY FOR A JOB, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOURSELF, IN ADDITION TO ATTACHING A RESUME OR BIO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE.
A server gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made. Take orders from patrons for food or beverages. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare hot, cold drinks for patrons.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
Business Growth and Marketing
Encourage repeat business by providing quality meals and food items.
- Encourage repeat business.
- Must be able to speak clearly and understand basic English to facilitate the communication process.
- Ability to learn menu items and service procedures.
- Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to learn and follow processes.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing and walking
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.