Utility Worker - Willie T's Seafood Shack
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
The Dishwasher/Janitor/Utility Worker washes and sanitizes all dishes, pots and serving containers, tools and utensils, maintains a clean and safe work station, cleans and sanitizes floors, work surfaces and kitchen/serving equipment. Some Utility Workers may be assigned a specific focal area, such as the beverage area, dish room, main kitchen area, serving area, etc.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Ensure sufficient levels of clean and sanitized dishes, utensils, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for a normal shift, up to 8 hours.
- Follow all safety and sanitation procedures and regulations.
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Conduct tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Eliminate waster wherever possible.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Wash and sanitize dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.