Food Pantry Manager, Centreville
Job Status: Full-time, Non-exempt, Hourly, 35 hours per week, includes evenings
General Statement of Duties:
The Food Pantry Manager is responsible for managing the WFCM Centreville food pantry for both in-person food selection and online grocery orders. The Food Pantry Manager manages food inventory, volunteers, and food distribution to clients at the Centreville location. The Food Pantry Manager is responsible for compliance with food safety regulations and operating within policies of WFCM, including tracking, as well as the overall compliance with use of the space.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides for the clean, safe and efficient operation of the Food Pantry
Oversees the fair and equitable distribution of food to clients
Oversees the processing of food donations to include weighing donations from grocery stores and tracking the data in SalesForce and Partner Direct
Oversees stocking of pantry shelves, refrigerators, and freezers and storage space in the Centreville location. Monitors food pantry inventory and provides information to Warehouse Supervisor and Food Pantry Management regarding surplus or shortages of food items.
In partnership with the Food Pantry Management, supervises volunteers and develops Food Pantry guidelines
Enforces proper storage and distribution of USDA food and similar programs to include ensuring adherence to program guidelines
Manages grocery orders from Order Ahead Platform including processing all the orders submitted, checking eligibility of requests, packing food or overseeing packing, and tracking food in client database. Work with volunteers, as applicable to help pack and deliver/distribute orders
Administers the OrderAhead platform keeping the inventory up to date and updating other applicable information regarding WFCM and grocery options for clients
May user WFCM commercial van or personal vehicle to pick up food donations from local grocery stores as needed; assists Warehouse Supervisor and volunteers with unloading donations and purchased food and bringing food into pantry
May assist with client intake for pantry appointments and entering appointment data and food distribution information in database
Provides data as requested regarding food distribution to direct partners, CAFB, and Executive Director/Director of Operations & Programs
Assists with large food drives such as Scouting for Food and food distributions such as holiday food program
Works collaboratively as part of the Client Operations Team to serve clients
Performs other duties as assigned
• Willingness to work collaboratively with WFCM staff, volunteers, and donors
• Agreement with the mission, vision and core values of WFCM and ability to communicate this mission to the public
• Respect for the dignity and worth of all clients
• Driver’s License and ability to drive commercial van; good driving record
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Data entry/data management skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize work tasks and carry out multiple tasks at the same time
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team
• Completion of required courses with USDA
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand for extended periods
• Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time
WFCM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.