Freelance Medical Interpreters Needed (DC Metro Area)
Liberty Language Services is an interpreter agency based in Tyson's Corner, VA. We are currently recruiting for freelance interpreters to provide on-site interpretation services to our clients (hospitals, schools, etc.) throughout the Washington DC Metro Area (i.e. Fairfax, Alexandria, DC, Rockville).
Languages Most Needed: Azerbaijani, Bambara, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Chinese (all dialects), Croatian, Czech, Fulani, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Igbo, Khmer, Korean, Mongolian, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, Twi, Vietnamese
Please Note: This is a 1099 independent contractor position. The number of assignments & hours that freelance interpreters work each week will vary depending on client demand for the interpreter's language and the interpreter's ability to accept and travel to assignments. This position is most suitable for bilingual professionals looking to make extra income while helping bridge communication gaps for limited English proficient individuals and families in our community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma (required), Bachelor's Degree (highly preferred)
- Must have completed or be willing to complete a 40-hour medical interpreter training course (Liberty offers training tuition grants for certain languages)
- Must be able to submit immunization records and complete yearly flu shot and TB screening
- Must have flexible work schedule (Mondays-Fridays, between 7am-3pm)
- Must be able to travel throughout Washington DC Metro Area
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check
To read the full job details, CLICK HERE
If you are interested in becoming a freelance interpreter, please apply on our website: https://www.libertylanguageservices.com/apply-now
Questions? Contact: Recruiting@LibertyLanguageServices.com or call 888-746-9108, ext. 2