Job Title: Membership Development Manager
Reports To: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Mark Ingrao, President & CEO, at MarkI@RestonChamber.org.
Responsible for the sale and enrollment of new memberships to meet growth and revenue goals. Staffs all new membership activities of the Chamber including Membership Committee.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 Years of experience in sales preferably in the Chamber, B2B, or related environment;
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess a strong ability to reason quickly and be able to shift attention to priority situations as necessary: must be able to reason and interact with other staff members and members to assist in the timely problem solution process.
- Proactive self-starter
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Excellent Communicator (Verbal and Written)
- Active Listen
- Service Oriented
Essential/Primary Job Duties:
- Develop strategies to produce revenue.
- Identify and Recruit new members through an organized program.
- Coordinate cross selling sponsorships with Events and Development Director.
- Evaluate the membership dues structure regularly.
- Coordinate monthly New and Prospective Member Orientation.
- Develop survey questions for periodic surveys.
- Establish strong working knowledge of Chamber programs, offerings, etc. as the “go-to” person
- Call on and make sales to prospective new members
- Meet all monthly and annual new member goals
- Develop appropriate relationships with members.
- Create and exceed Young Professionals Initiative revenue generating opportunities
- Evaluate, restructure, and manage the Membership Committee Members.
- Membership Campaign Participation
- Cold Calls
- Monthly Meetings
- Assist with the organization and implementation of business networking events with Events and Development Director.
- Manage Committees.
- Manage Young Professionals, Membership, and First Responders Committees and their related events/programs
Will perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the President.
Will work with other Chamber staff as a team player.
Will be familiar with, and abide by, the policies and procedures as set forth by the Board of Directors of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule
- May be required to stand or walk for extended periods
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
Annual base salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Simple IRA; Health, Disability & Term Life Insurance; Professional Development. Paid Vacation. No mileage will be paid.