SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY
During the pandemic, your YMCA is doing MORE with LESS. In addition to ensuring that all in our community can benefit from the YMCA's programs, we have pivoted the following services to support our community's most urgent needs and long-term well-being:
- Free produce was distributed weekly over the Summer to over 150 families in need across the community we serve.
- We are providing families with a week's supply of meals for their children at our branch.
- We provide emergency childcare for 50 children of first responders, healthcare and hospital workers, government officials, grocery workers, and other essential staff who must continue to work during these challenging time.
- We have launched the Y Learning Lab as an alternative to distance learning from home with the capacity to serve 67 children.
- We continue to support our Fit & Well Seniors by providing them with virtual options to stay healthy, active, and connected in their homes.
- In partnership with the Red Cross, our staff supports blood drives at the Y to address the shortage of blood supplies and we have potentially saved over 672 lives.
But, we cannot do it alone. The Reston Y is counting on support from donors like you to help bridge the gap and ensure every child and adult in need has excess to resources they can depend on. When you give to the Caring for Community Campaign, your support helps create opportunities for everyone in our community.