The 2022-2023 Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Installed and Awards for Chamber Excellence Winners Announced
Please visit RestonACEAwards.org for the full list of nominees and photos from the event.
On Thursday, July 14, the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce hosted its Awards for Chamber Excellence (ACE) Luncheon. During the luncheon, the Chamber recognized companies and individuals who demonstrated excellence, industry innovation and Chamber support throughout the year. The Chamber also recognized member milestone anniversaries and announced the new Board of Directors for fiscal year 2022-2023. This event has been made possible by our generous sponsors: Reston Community Center, MillerMusmar CPAs, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Northwest Federal Credit Union, Dominion Energy, and Verity Commercial Real Estate. “The ACE Awards is one of the long-standing traditions of the Chamber. A unique event which brings all of our members together – regardless of industry, size, or tenure with the Chamber – to celebrate each other’s successes over the past year. The event also allows us to recognize the selfless volunteerism and thought leadership of our chamber’s board of directors," shares Charles Kapur, President and CEO.
Kevin Taylor, Director of Business Development, ANA·LITK Marketing (formally Communicate By Design-X) addressed the membership as the new Board Chair. He spoke about his vision for the Chamber’s upcoming year: “I’m thrilled to be chairman of the board and look forward to a good positive reopening, as people get back to work. For the coming year I see getting back to the basics and clarity as my theme; clarity as to why each of us are involved in the chamber, which is our number one. We also have exciting events coming up including another Titans of the Toll Road and results from the board-led initiatives: the Welcoming Committee and DEI Committee."
Charles Kapur, President and CEO of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce announced the newly appointed Board members, who included:
First Term Directors
- Matt Brennan, General Counsel PC
- Dr. Raj Chand, Inova Fair Oaks
- Katherine Deming, Business Engineering Inc.
- Meredith Hovan, Cornerstones
- Nohman Ishaq, Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Paul Kashchy, City National Bank
- David Kelley, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- John Kelly, Bean, Kinney, Korman, P.C.
- Robyn McClure, Pinot’s Pallette – Dulles
- Matt Rienzo, Weller Development Company
- Michael Romeo, Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh P.C.
- Ken Traenkle, Verity Commercial
- Colin May, KME.digital
Each year, through the presentation of Awards of Chamber Excellence, the Chamber recognizes outstanding businesses, volunteers and committees that are leaders in their industry and support the mission of the Reston Chamber. The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the winners of this year’s Awards for Chamber Excellence:
- Committee/Council of the Year: Wednesday LeadShare (Co-chairs are Micki Moravitz, Century 21 New Millennium, and Madhavi Rao, Prana Health Yoga and Wellness)
- Small Business of the Year: SpeedPro Northern Virginia
- Medium Business of the Year: Guernsey, Inc.
- Large Business of the Year: Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Member of the Year: Dayana Villanueva, M&T Bank Reston
- New Member of the Year: Samantha Marshall, Sweet Memories Photography
- Contributor of the Year: Mahjooba “MJ” Bianchi, Three T Institute
- Innovative Practice/Partnership of the Year: Dental Group at Reston Station
- Young Professional of the Year: Andrew Lampropoulos, CST Group, CPAs
- Pinnacle Award: Iris Britt, Iris Britt Consulting, LLC
- President’s Award: Anne Rosenblum, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority