FACT: When consumers know your business is a member of their chamber of commerce, they are 80% more likely to purchase goods and services from your company. Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is the largest regional chamber in the Washington D.C. region according to the Washington Business Journal. Why is this important? There are plenty of exciting opportunities for YOU to make new connections while increasing your business revenue. As a member, you gain additional marketing exposure, have access to educational and networking programs, and benefit from our community engagement and advocacy.
- Discounted prices to 80+ events annually, 40 devoted exclusively to networking
- LeadShare, an industry-exclusive committee that facilitates business growth among our members at no additional cost
- Serve on any of our committees, including Business Education, Government Contracting, Public Policy, Resourceful Women, Healthy Workplaces and more!
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & ADVOCACY
- Proactive advocacy for business interests at the state level by the Chamber’s lobbyist
- Give back to the community by supporting Ethics Day, Best of Reston, Taste of Reston and other events
- Ribbon cuttings for all new businesses and openings of new locations
EDUCATION & MENTORING BENEFITS
- Showcase expertise by leading a Business Education Series workshop for members and the business community
- Free Business Education Series workshops, designed to support business education and growth in a variety of industries
- Opportunity to mentor or be mentored among the Chamber membership and the Chamber's Business INCspire program
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING BENEFITS
- Listing in the Chamber’s online member directory in up to four separate business categories
- Unique and customizable profile on the Chamber’s search engine optimized website, containing company info, logos, photos and even video
- Exclusive access to “Members Only” section of the website to promote events, share company news and post special offers. You can also make connections, submit an RFP, share leads and even measure visits to your company’s unique page.
- Paid advertising exclusively offered to Chamber members on our homepage
- Share member news in GRCC's monthly enews, sent to 5,000+ contacts
- Recognition and engagement on the Chamber’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram profiles
- Write a guest post on the Chamber's blog
- Sponsorship opportunities to expand visibility
- Sponsor or Host a Network Night
AFFINITY PROGRAMS AND SPECIAL OFFERS
As a digital marketing professional and search engine optimization (SEO) expert, I help local businesses improve their rankings on Google and other search engines to get found online to grow their businesses. One of the most important ranking factors on Google for local businesses are relevant local links to their website, like those obtained from a local chamber of commerce. I tell my clients that joining the Reston Chamber, setting up their business profile with a link to their website, is worth the entire annual membership fee from an SEO perspective. We encourage our clients to participate in the chamber's networking activities to maximize their investment in the Reston Chamber for apparent reasons.
The bottom line is that for any business that wants to improve their rankings on Google and other search engines should join the Reston chamber as part of an overall local SEO strategy.